The king of Kababs: Indian Barbecued Chicken
Whole Chicken 1 no.(About 600 gms)
Yogurt 100 gms
Heavy Cream 100 gms
Ginger/Garlic paste 2 tblspn
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Lemon juice 4 tblspn
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Red Color as required(5 drops)
Cumin powder 1 tsp
oil 30 ml
Salt as required
- Peel the chicken and clean.
- Make incisions on the breast, 3 on each side parallel to each other along the muscle grain.
- Make two incision on each thigh and one on each drumstick.
- Make a paste of salt, lemon juice, red chilli powder and the ginger/garlic paste.
- Rub this paste over the chicken and keep the chicken aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the yougurt in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.Put the chicken in this mixture for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. If you have tandoor then preheat it.
- Skewer the chicken from tail to head and put it in the oven between two elevated surfaces so that the chicken hangs while cooking.
- Put a tray underneath to collect the drippings.
- Baste it from time to time with oil.
- Cook like this for about 8-10 minutes. Take it off the oven and hang it for about 5 minutes and then cook again for about 5 minutes.
- Can be made fiery hot or mild as per the taste.
Serve with Mint Chutney and Naan
Jump to: Top of Page.