Sweet Lime Pickle...
Meetha Neebu ka Achar
Lemon 500 gms.
Ginger 100 gms.
Black PepprCorn 25 gms.
Sugar 250 gms.
Salt 50 gms.
Aniseeds 25 gms.
cumin Seeds 10 gms.
Cloves 10 gms.
Cinnamon Pdr 10 gms.
Asafoetida Pdr. 1 tsp.
Black Salt 50 gms.
- Keep limes soaked in water for 24 hours.
- Remove and wipe with dry cloth.
- Cut each lime into four pieces.
- Apply salt and keep in a jar for 8 to 10 days.
- Shake the jar every day so that the salt gets mixed with lime pieces thoroughly.
- Wash,scrape and slice ginger.
- Add to the lime pieces along with the other spices and black salt.
- Disolve sugar in a little quantity of water and bring it to the boil.
- Make a syrup of the 'one string' (ek taar)consistency.
- Cool and pour over the lime pieces.
- The pickle will be ready in about a week's time.
Lime must be thin skin
Jump to: Top of Page.