As the name suggests, Dry Okra
Okra(small) 600 gms.
Pearl Onions 16 nos
Clarified Butter 50 gms.
Clarified Butter 25 gms.
Mango Pdr.(Amchur) 9 gms
Coriander Pdr. 4 ½ gms.
Fennel Pder.(Saunf) 3 gms.
Cumin Seeds(Zeer) 3 gms.
Black Pepper 3 gms.
Red Chilli Pdr. 3 gms.
Turmeric Pdr. 3 gms.
Black Cardamom Pdr. 1.5 gms.
Nutmeg(jaiphal) ¾ gms.
Salt to taste
- Slice off the caps and the tips, slit, seed and keep aside.
- For filling:Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pack the okra with equal quantities of the filling.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai/wo, add the stuffed okra.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce to very low heat, add onions, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 9-10 minutes or until okra and onion are cooked, but firm.
- Remove and adjust the seasoning.
- Remove to a flat dish, garnish with red chillies and ginger juliennes, and serve with Roti Paratha.
Jump to: Top of Page.