Suji ka Halwa
Traditional Semolina Halwa
Semolina 200 gms.
Water 600 ml.
Sugar 100 gms.
Cardamom Seeds ¼ tsp
Desi Ghee 100 gms.
- In a large sauce pan, make a sugar syrup using the sugar and the water.
- Boil the water until the sugar is dissolved, simmer the syrup at a very low flame just to keep the syrup warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the Ghee in a large, heavy non-stick pan over the low heat.
- Add semolina and stir constantly until grains swell the darken to a light golden color.
- Simmer and gradually pour the sugar syrup into semolina, stirring constantly.
- Be careful because at first grains may be boil up in the pan.
- Cook for about 5-6 more minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- This mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Add the cardamon powder and serve hot.
Jump to: Top of Page.