Flavored hung Yougurt from Maharashtra
Plain Yogurt/Curd 1 liter
Milk 100 ml.
Green Cardamom ¼ tsp.
Saffron ½ tsp.
Sugar 75 gms.
Almond slivers 2 tblspn.
- Hang the yougurt in a muslin cloth for about 3 hours. This will drain the liquid from the curd and will make it thick.
- Add the Saffron to the milk and heat so that the saffron leaves the color and flavor in the milk.
- Add this saffron milk to the hung curd and whisk along with the sugar. Taste for the sugar as sour curd mightneed more sugar.
- The mixture should have the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add the cardamon powder.
- Put in the serving bowls and garnish with almond slivers.Serve cold
- Mango Pulp can be added to the curd to give it Mango flavor.
Jump to: Top of Page.