The Royal Morsel (Indian Bread Pudding)
Evaporated Milk 3 cups
Sliced White bread 4 no.
Oil to fry
Green Cardamom ½ tsp.
Saffron ½ tsp.
Sugar 50 gms.
Pistachio slivers 2 tblspn.
Silver Leaf(optional) 2 leaves
- Cut the bread slices diagonally after removing the crust.Fry them golden brown and set them aside.
- Cook the evaporated milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Reduce to a thick craemy consistency.
- Simmer and add the sugar. Stir constantly.
- Add the saffron strands while heating the milk so that the milk gets a good saffron color.
- Add the cardamom powder, take it off the heat.
- Line the fried bread slices in a platter and pour the creamy milk sauce on top of it, soaking all the bread slices in the milk.
- Garmish with the pistachio slivers and the silver leaf (or virk)
- Serve garnished with pistachio slivers.
Jump to: Top of Page.