Vermicelli With Milk
Milk 8 cups
Ghee ½ cup
Row Cashew Nuts 2 tbs.
Raisins 1 tbs.
Vermecilli 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Cardamoms 4 crushed
Saffron ½ tsp.
- Place the milk in a heavy saucepan and, stirring constantly, bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring and simmer until the milk is reduced to the three-quarters its original quantity.
- Do not remove from heat..
- In the meanwhile, heat the ghee in a heavy frying pan.
- Saute the cashewnuts and rasins for 3-4 minuts.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same ghee, saute the broken vermicelli until it turns reddish in color
- Add the reduced milk.
- Continue cooking until the vemicelli is well done.
- At the very end add sugar, crushed cardamoms, and saffron. Stir thoroughly.
- Garnish with the sauted cashewnuts and raisins.Serve hot.
Jump to: Top of Page.