The famous Meat on Skewers
Lean Meat of the
Leg of Sheep or Goat 2 lbs
Red Chili Powder ½ tsp
Caraway Seeds ½ tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Ginger/Garlic Paste 2 tsp
Garam Masala ½ tsp
Chopped Onion 1 Medium
Chopped Green Chillies 1 no
Chopped Coriander 1 tblspn
Oil 2 tsp
- Grind the meat along with some mutton fat .
- Mix the red chilli pdr.,Ginger/Garlic paste, salt, garam masala, caraway seeds and the oil to the ground meat.
- Mix the ground meat well and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Add the chopped onion,green chilli and coriander.This is optional and this part can be skipped.
- Mount the minced meat on as many iron Skewers as may be needed. This will depend on the length of each 'kabab', and its thickness. (Usually 8" to 10" long 'kababs' of about 1" diameter are made. )
- Then roast the 'kababs' on live wood-charcoals, placed in a rectangular iron open fire box, or in an earthen oven or an electric oven.
- The skewers should be turned often, so that the 'kababs' roast evenly on all sides, to a dark brown color.
- Serve with Naan or Kulchas. Sprinkle the Kabab with Chat Masala and serve with Onion rings and a lemon wedge.
Jump to: Top of Page.