Creamy Cheese Balls
Ricotta Cheese 1 pound
Sugar ¼ cup
Minced Orange Zest 1 tsp.
Raisins 24 no.
- Put ricotta in a sieve.
- Press out much as much moisture as possible.
- In a blender/food processor, process ricotta until smooth.
- Remove the ricotta from the processor and knead for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the ricotta in a non-stick heavy based pan over the low heat.
- stir constantly with a wooden stick until it begins to look dry and forms a solid mass, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool slighty.
- Add sugar and orange zest and mix.
- Press the mixture into a flat cake and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, roll the mixture into a 1" round balls.
- Place a raisin or pistachio slivers on top of each ball.
- Allow to cool completely and them store in layers, seperated with waxed paper.
- Refrigerate them.
Jump to: Top of Page.