Red Chilli Pickle....
Lal Mirch ka Achar
Red Chilli 250 gms.
Mango Powder 250 gms.
Mustard Seeds 30 gms.
Fenugreek seeds 20 gms.
Onion Seeds 20 gm.
Coriander Seeds 30 gms.
Mustard Oil 150 ml.
Salt 50 gms.
- Use the variety of Red Chillies particularly meant for making pickle.
- Break off the chilli stalks and make a small hole at the stalk end.
- Remove the seeds through the hole with the help of a small stick.
- Fry the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds,coriander seeds and grind them finely.
- Add salt, mango powder and chilli seeds.
- Stuff the chillies with the mixture through the hole, with the help of a stick.
- Pack the filled chillies in a jar very closely, pour mustard oil to cover.
- The pickle will be ready within three to four weeks.
Jump to: Top of Page.