Parsi Style Fish
Pomfret Fish 1 kg.
Red Chilli 3 nos.
Ginger 1 inch
Garlic 10-12 cloves
Salt To taste
Green Chillies 1
Cumin Seeds ½ tsp.
Oil for frying
Turmeric 1 inch
Vinegar 100 ml.
- Clean and wash fish.
- Cut it into slices about an inch thick.
- Apply turmeric Powder and salt and set aside for half an hour.
- Slice the green chillies, cumin seeds and turmeric to a paste with a little vinegar.
- Boil the paste with the rest of vinegar, some salt.
- The sliced chillies, ginger and garlic for half an hour.
- Remove from the fire and allow to cool.
- Add the fish to the vinegar mixture.
- This pickle will keep for a week or more.
Jump to: Top of Page.