Saffron Flavored Rice Pudding
Milk 2 cups
Rice Flour 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Saffron ½ tsp.
Non-fat Dry Milk 2 tbsp.
Sugar ½ cup
Kewra Essence 2-3 Drops
Pistachio-nuts 12-15 Cut in slivers
Garnish using the slivers of Pistachio.
- Soak the saffron threads in 2 tblspn warm milk for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the rice flour and the water.
- Rub the saffron between your fingers in the milk to extract the flavor.
- Bring the milk just to boil in a non-stick saucepan.
- Add the rice flour mixture to the milk gradually, whisking constantly.
- Over moderate heat,cook at a gentle boil for about 10 to 15 minutes, whisking constantly until the mixture has the constency of a thick a paste.
- Add the sugar, cardamom,kewra essenceand three-quarter of saffron liquid, reserving some for garnish.
- Continue to cook until the sugar has dissolved, stirring often to prevent from sticking and burning.
- Remove from the heat. If there are any lumps, force them through a sieve while still hot.
- Pour into a individual serving dishes or traditional Indian dishes.Sprinkle the saffron liquid.
- When pudding has reached to room temperature refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
Jump to: Top of Page.