Patra Ni Machi
Chutney Fish In Banana Leaf
Pomfret or any Fish 1 cut like banana leaves
Coconut ¼ grated
Salt 1½ tbsp.
Oil 4 tbsp.
Cumin Seeds ½ tsp
Garlic 6 cloves (chopped)
Green chilies 3 chopped
Mint 1 tbsp.
Raw Mango 1
or Tamarind 1 tsp.
Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp.
- Grind the first ingredients to a fine paste.
- Wash, clean and apply salt to the fish.
- Cut each banana leaf into 8” squares.
- Heat each of these pieces on a gas flame on either side until the leaf is soft.
- Wash the fish again and apply the chutney quite liberally all over the pieces of fish.
- Wrap each piece of fish in the banana leaf folding the sides in and tie firmly with a piece of string.
- Shallow fry on a low flame or steam for about 10 minutes or can be cooked in the microwave for 5 min or until it is cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Jump to: Top of Page.