Mixed veg served with bread..Maharashtrian style
Pao(small buns) 12
lemon wedges 6 no.
tomatoes 3 no.
potatoes Boiled & mashed 2 no.
green chillies, minced 2 no.
onions chopped 1 no.
butter 100 gms
carrot, French beans, 2 cups
cauliflower, and peas
coriander leaves 1 cup
chilli powder 2 tsps
cumin seeds 1 tsp
turmeric powder ½ tsp
salt and sugar to taste
Pao Bhaji Masala 100 gms.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan and add cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Brown and add chopped onions, saute and add all vegetables chopped finely.
- When the vegetables are cooked add tomatoes and potatoes.
- Cook till very soft, constantly stirring, and adding water.
- Add Pao bhaji Masala and mashing from time to time.
- When almost cooked and well mashed, add chilli powder, salt and sugar.
- Squeeze lemon. Add more butter. Reserve this bhaji.
- Slit the bread horizontally into two portions joined to
each other along one long edge.
- Smear with remaining butter and grill or fry on a griddle on both sides.
- Garnish bhaji with coriander leaves and serve with hot pav
with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Jump to: Top of Page.