Nariyal ki Barfi
Ghee 2 tbs.
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Fresh coconut 1 cup (greated)
Cardamoms 5 Crushed
Cashew nuts ¼ cup (Chopped)
- Grease a plate and set aside.
- Remove the sugar scum from the syrup.
- Add the finely greated coconut and crushed cardamoms. Mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat while the mixture is still a thick pouring consistency.
- Add the chopped cashew-nuts .
- Pour the coconut mixture onto the greased plate and quickly spread with a spatula.
- After half an hour cut into diamond-shaped pieces with a sharp knife.
- * Make the syrup is very thick before adding the cardamoms and coconut otherwise the barfi will not set.
- Store this in an air-thight container.
Jump to: Top of Page.