Moor Kuzhambu(Contributed by Raj)
Moor means Buttermilk Kuzhambu means Fluid
Bengal Gram 2 tblspn
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Rice 2 tblspn
Green Chilles 4 nos.
Coconut 2 tblspn
Buttermilk 1 litre
Turmeric ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
Coconut Oil 1 tblspn
- Any boiled vegetable can be used for Moor Kuzhambu.
Boiled Potatoes, Okra or even regular Besan Pakora could be added to Moor Kuzhambu.
- Soak the ingredients for the paste in water.
- Blend to a fine paste with minimum water.
- Mix turmeric with buttermilk and salt to taste add blended paste
and let it boil.
- Do not stir for long. On first boil turn the stove off
and transfer to another vessel.
- Let mustard and cumin seeds crackle in coconut oil and season.
- Could also add Curry leaves and Cilantro.
Serve with Boiled Rice
Jump to: Top of Page.