Aam ki Chutney
Mangoes 1 kg
Sugar 1 kg
Onions 125 gms.
Vinegar 250 ml
Salt 50 gms
Garlic 25 gms.
Red Chilies 15 gms.
Mixed spices 30 gms.
(equal) quantity of
- Peel the mangoes and soak for a little while in salt water
(three teaspoon of salt in one litre of water will do)
- Shred the mangoes and descard the stones.
- The shredded mango should weigh 1 kg.
- If the mangoes are slightly hard, warm them(after shredding)
- Add sugar and salt and mix them well.
- Chop the onions and garlic.
- Tie the garlic, onion, chillies and sppices in a muslin
cloth bag and put into the pan containing the mango mixture.
- Place on the fire and cook till the excess water
evaporates and thee mixture thicknes.
- Add vinegar and keep cooking till it again becomes thick
and of the desires consistancy.
- Note Optional: You can use 14-15 ml(3 teaspoons) of glacial
acetic acid instead of vinegar.
Jump to: Top of Page.