Rice Basmati 100 gms.
Moong Dal with skin 100 gms.
Ghee Desi 25 gms.
Onions 1 no.
Tomatoes 1 no.
Green Chillies 2 no.
Ginger chopped 5 gms.
PepperCorns 5 nos.
Coriander chopped 5 gms.
Garlic pods 2 nos.
Jeera 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
turmeric powder a pinch
red chilli powder 1 tspn
corinader powder 1 tsp
- Boil the Rice and the Lentil together till mashed.
- Add turmeric powder and salt while boiling.
- For Tadka, heat oil in a pan and add the Jeera and chopped Garlic.
- Add chopped onions, saute and then add tomatoes.
- When done, add the ginger & the green chillies along with crushed peppercorns.
- Add the chilli powder and dhania powder.
- Add the mashed rice and dal to the tadka.
- Serve garnished with Coriander leaves and Desi Ghee.
- Note This serves about 4 people.
Jump to: Top of Page.