Cumin Flavored Fried Rice
Long Grained Rice 200 gms.
Water 2 cups
Cumin seeds 2 tsp.
Bay leaf 1 no.
Cinnamon stick 2" 2 nos.
Black cardamom 1 no.
Ghee 1½ tbsp.
Salt To taste
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Drain thoroughly.
- In a pan, heat Ghee. Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
- When cumin seeds sizzle, add the rice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice and it looks glossy.
- Add water. Bring to a boil. Stir once.
- Reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid. Leave a little gap, otherwise water will boil over.
- Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.
- Fork the rice out onto a serving dish. This will separate each grain out.
- Serve hot with any curry.
Jump to: Top of Page.