Kathal ka Achaar
Jackfruit 2 kg.
Chilli Pdr. 6 tbsp.
Mustard pdr 6 tbsp.
Mustard Oil ½ kg.
Salt ¼ kg.
Turmeric 4 tbsp.
Asafoetida Pdr. a pinch
Coriander Pdr. 6 tbsp.
Cumin Seeds 6 tbsp.
Aniseeds 4 tbsp.
Onion Seeds 2 tbsp.
Dried Mango Pdr. 2 tbsp.
- Peel off the outer skin off the jack fruit and cut it into one-inch thick pieces.
- Remove the hard skin of the seeds.
- Boil two litres of water along with two tablespoon of salt and one spoon of tureric.
- Add Jack fruit and seeds for just two minuts.
- Remove, squeeze out the water from each piece, and dry on a piece of cloth.
- Rub little salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and remove from the heat.
- Grind the aniseeds and cumin seeds coarsely.
- Mix well all the ingredientsin half of the quantityof ooil.
- Put into stone jars and add the remaining oil so that it is almost one inch above the mixture.
- This pickle is ready for use after fifteen days.
Jump to: Top of Page.