How to Make Yogurt
Indian Home made Yogurt
In India, yogurt is a part of almost every meal. It is often eaten plain or
in the form of raita or pachadi.It can also be used as a part of the recipe to
make a dish.Setting yogurt at home is as easy as boiling milk.
Check this: To make yogurt you'd need yogurt.
Whole Milk 1 Liters(makes 1 kg.Yogurt)
Ferment(Yogurt) 1 tblspn
- Boil milk in large saucepan.
- Stir constantly as it tends to stick at the botoom which might give the burnt flavor to the finished product.
- Cool the milk to luke warm. The best indication would be if you can put your finger in the milk without feeling the heat then the milk is cold enough to set the yogurt.
- Add the tablespoon of yougurt to the luke warm milk and mix.
- Place the container in a warm place and DO NOT STIR for the next 6 hours.
- Once the Yogurt is set, place it in the refigerator to preven further fermentation.
- Too much fermentation would make the yogurt sour and will leave the water.
- If the weather is cold, put the container in a warm place to help proper fermentation. If it is too warm then the container can be kept in open air.
- Fermentation is done by Lactobacillus acidophillus, the bacteria and it needs proper temperature to grow.
Jump to: Top of Page.