How to Make Tamarind Pulp
Extract the Tamarind Pulp or Tamarind Water
Tamarind Pulp is used very often in Indian Kitchen specially in the South Indian Kitchen.
Dishes like Baghare Baingan or Rasam use it very often to impart the distinct flavor.
It is very easy to make tamarind pulp and here is how to do it....
Tamarind 50 gms.
Water 3½ cups
- Soak the Tamarind in Hot Water for about 10 minutes.
- The tamarind will soften. Squeeze the Tamarind in water and save the pulp that squeezes out in a seperate bowl.
- Add more hot water and rest the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process several times until only the tamarind seeds remain.
- Discard the seeds and save the water.
Jump to: Top of Page.