How to Make Coconut Milk
Milk of Coconut is used in many Dishs.
Lot of South Indian dishes that I have mentioned on this site use coconut milk. It is a
very important ingredient for the coastal dishes to use the coconut milk in their cooking.
Cocnut milk is made from the fresh coconut and it imparts a very distinctive flavor to the
dish.Here is a easy way to make coconut milk:
Coconut 1 no.
- Break the coconut and remove the inner soft part. Discard the hard shell.
- Usually the coconut is grated to make the coconut milk. If you can grate the coconut using a grater
then use the grater to extract the coconut milk or else you can use the blender to extract the milk.
- To use the blender, cut the coconut into small pieces and put in the blender.
- Add a little luke warm water and blend.
- Squeeze the milk and keep seperate. This was the first extract of coconut milk and is usually the
best extract with most flavor.
- Add more likewarm water in the blender along with the residue and blend again.
- Squueze out the milk again and the process can be repeated usually 3-4 times to extract
all the milk from the coconut.The extracts become less flavorful and thin.
- Use the extracts as directed in the recipes.
Jump to: Top of Page.