How to Make Boiled Rice
Steamed Indian Basmati Rice
Rice is staple diet of two third of India.In south or in East, rice is eaten as a meal
three times a day.Plain steamed rice is also used as a base for biryanis or other rice based dishes.
Basmati rice comes from many parts in India but the most famous rice comes from Dehradun
the capital of Uttaranchal and the city where I come from.The climate at the Doon Valley is just perfect
to cultivate the Basmati Rice. Here is a way to make the boiled basmati Rice.
Basmati Rice 2 cups
Water 3½ cups
Salt 1½ tsp
- Wash and rinse the rice in enough water.
- Drain and repeat the process at least two times.
- Soak the rice in water and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Boil the water and add the rice along with the salt.
- Stir briefly, reduce the flame when the rice comes to a boil.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes, turn off the gas when the water dries up.
- Keep the lid on for 20 minutes after turning off the heat.
- Remoce from the heat and serve.
Jump to: Top of Page.