Sugar 1 lb.
Lemon Juice ¼ Peice
Cardamoms 3 nos.
Rose Water 2 tbs.
Baby Milk Pdr. 1 cup
Self-Rising Flour 3 tbs.
cornflour 2 tbs.
Bicarbonate of Soda ¼ tsp.
Oil For fring
Pistachio Nuts 12 nos.
- Make the syrup. Bring 2½ cups water to the boil. Add the sugar, limeJuice and rind and only the skins of the cardamoms .
- Boil to the low heat for 20 minuts. Leave to cool.
- Add rose water .Pour the syrup into a bowl at least 4 inch deep.
- Place the milk-powder, flour, corn-flour and soda in a mixing bowl.Pound the cardamoms seeds slightly and add. mix well.
- Gradually,add a total of 3-4 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and make a dough.
- Try to get some air into the dough by testing it with your hands.
- Roll the dough into ball (about 12)
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, first on high and then, after the oil in hot turn on the heat on low.
- Meanwhile divide the dough into 12 small balls (about ¾ in diameter), and stuff each with a pistachio.
- The dough tends to harden quickly, fry immediatly.
- Deep fry the dough balls over the lowest heat for 5-6 minutes until they are dark brown.
- As soon as you remove the balls immerse them evenly in the cooled syrup and cover with lid.
- They will be ready to eat after an hour.
- Serve them hot.
Jump to: Top of Page.