Fish in Yougurt Sauce..Bengali Style
River Fish 600 gms
Yogurt 1 cup
Salt to taste
Onions 2 small sized
Green Chillies 3 nos.
Ghee 2 tbsp.
Bay Leaves 2 leaves
Cloves 4-6 no.
Green Cardamom 3-4 no.
- Clean, wash and cut fish into medium sized pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, add salt and marinate fish in this for twenty minutes.
- Peel onions and grate them. Wash green chillies and slit them into two. Keep aside.
- Take ghee in a kadai and add bay leaves, cloves and green cardamom.
- Cook for 15 seconds. Add grated onions. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add halved green chillies and fish marinated in yogurt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on a low fire for 7-8 minutes.
Tip : Some people like this recipe cooked in mustard oil. If you wish to use mustard oil, bring it to a smoking point, cool it and then use as normal.
Jump to: Top of Page.