Dhansak Na Chawal
Basmati Rice 1 cup
Sugar 1 tbsp.
Oil 2 tbsp.
Onion Chopped 1 large
Cloves 6 no.
Cardamoms 4 no.
Cinnamone 1 pc
Pepper Corns 6 no.
- Soak the rice in water for ½ an hour.
- Melt sugar on a low flame until brown.
- Add ½ cup of hot water and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onions, cloves, cinnamone, cardamom and peppercorns.
- Fry till the onions are browned.
- Add rice, sugar water, salt water and 2 ½ cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fried brown onions.
- To be served with the Dhansak.
Jump to: Top of Page.