Dahi ke Chawal
Long grained rice 1 cup
Greem Mango 1 chopped (optional)
Cucumber 1 (optional)
Salt to taste
Green chillies 1
Ginger finely chopped
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Plain yougurt 2 cups
Milk ½ cup
Carrot 1 grated
Brown mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Urd dal 2 tsp.
Chana dal 2 tsp.
Red chilli 1 nos.
Asafoetida powder ½ tsp.
Curry leaves a few
- Cook rice as usual, then mash into a bowl using a sieve.
- Add mango, cucumber and salt to taste,Mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan or skillet.
- Add mustard seeds, black gram bengal gram dal, halved red chilli
,asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
- When the mustard seed splutter,add mixture to the rice.
- Add the green chillies,ginger and chopped coriander.
- Mix well, add the yogurt and the milk.
- Garnish with carrot and extra coriander.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with pickle.
Jump to: Top of Page.