Carrot & Peas Pullao
Carrot and Peas Rice
Long Grained Rice 700 gms.
Butter 115 gms.
Saffron thread 2 tsp.crushed
Cardamom 4 nos.
Cloves 5 nos.
Cinnamon 3 sticks
Onions 2 nos.finely chopped
Pepper pdr. to taste
Salt to taste
- Put the saffron in a bowl with 2 tbsp. of boiling water and leave to soak.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan, add the cardamom, cloves,
and cinnamon sticks and fry for 3 min.
- Add chopped onion and cook till golden brown.
- Add the green peas and diced carrots and fry for further 5 min.
- Add the rice and stir and fry for 2 min.
- Add the water, saffron mixture, salt and pepper powder and bring the rice to boil.
- Then turn the heat to low and cook till rice is done. Serve hot.
Jump to: Top of Page.