Stuffed bitter gourd...different style
Bitter Gourd 12 nos.
Salt as required
Mustard Oil 5 tbs
Garlic 6 Flakes
Ginger 20 gms.
Pearl Onions 12 gms.
Pomegrante Pdr ¾ tbs
Black Pepper A pinch
Boiled Potatoes 150 gms
Pomegranate Pdr. 4.5 gms.
Black Pepper 4 tbs.
Mustard Oil 15 ml
Paneer(grated) 4.5 gms
Cheese(grated) 30 gms.
green Chillies 2 nos.
Corriander (chop) 3.25 gms.
Salt As required
- THE BITTER GOURD: Wash , Scrape and reserve the scrapings. Then slit on one
side to create pockets, remove the seeds, rub both the bitter gourd and the bhor with salt, arrange on
a tilting tray and reseve for at least half an hour.(may be done for onernight to further reduce the bitterness).
Now wash both in running water to remove the salt,drain. Put bhor in the napkin and squeeze out the
- THE FILLING: Heat oi to a smoking point in a kadai, remove and cool.Re heat oil, add pomegranate
and pepper and stir over a medium heat for a few seconds. Then add potato dices and saute till
golden brown. Remove cool and the remaining ingredients, mix well and divide into 12 equal portions.
- THE STUFFING: Put a portion of the filling in each bitter gourd, secure with a string and keep aside.
- COOKING: Heat oil to a smoking point in a kadai, remove and cool. Reheat oil and add garlic.
Stir over medium heat for a few seconds, add ginger and saute until garlic is golden brown.
Reduce to a low heat, add the stuffed bitter gourd, cover and cook, turning over at regular
intervals, for 30 minutes. Then add the bhor, onions, pomegranate and salt, cover and cook,
stirring and turning at regular intervals, for an hour. Remove, sprinkle pepper and adjust the seasonings.
- Remove to a serving dish and serve with Tandoori roti and Moong ki Daal.
Jump to: Top of Page.