Beans with Lentil South Indian Style
(Conributed by Raj)
Green Beans Chopped 2 Cups
Moong Dal(Split/washed) ½ cup
Grated Coconut ½ cup
Salt as required
Oil 2 tblspn
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal 1 tsp
- Chop the beans into small pieces.
- Boil with enough water and salt till the beans turn light green.
- Boil the moong dal and leave aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the bengal gram dal.
- Add the beans when bengal gram turn brown, saute for a minute.
- Add the boiled moong dal. Continue frying till the moong dal and the beans mix well.
- Add the grated coconut , adjust the salt and turn off the stove.
This recipe can also be used to make carrot poriyal(Use grated Carrots instead of beans)
Beet Root poriyal(Grated Beetroot instead of beans).
Jump to: Top of Page.