Spicy Potato Dumplings
Potatoes 600 gms
Ginger 1 inch
Garlic 10-12 cloves
Green Chillies 4-5
Gram flour 1 ½ cups
Red Chilli Pdr. 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
soda bi-carbonate a pinch
Turmeric Pdr. ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves 30 gms.
Curry Patta 10 nos.
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp.
Oil to fry
- Boil, cool, peel and mash the potatoes and keep aside.
- Chop ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Prepare a thick better of besan with water, red chilli powder, salt and(BAKING SODA) soda bi-carbonate.
- Heat a little oil. Add the mustard seeds and curry patta.
- When the seeds crackle, add chopped ginger,garlic and green chillies.
- Add mashed potatoes and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Let the mixture cool. When cold, form lemon sized balls.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dip the potato balls into the besan batter and deep fry in hot oil till light golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Jump to: Top of Page.