The Apple Fudge
Apples, greated 1½ lb
Sugar 2 tbs.
Lemon Juice ½ Peice
Ghee 4 tbs.
Cinnamon Stick 1 inch
Clove 3 nos.
Condenced Milk 4 tbs.
Raisins 1 tbs.
Calvados 2 tbs.(optinal)
Almond Slivers 2 tbs. (optional)
- As soon as the apple is grated, sprinkle them with sugar and lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan, add the cinnamon and cloves and, after 30 seconds, the apples.
- Sauté for 8-10 minues over the high heat.
- Add condenced milk and raisins and sauté for further 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Glaze with the butter.This dessert should be served hot.
- Heat the calvados for few seconds in a small pan and pour into the halwa mixture.
- Garmish with the almonds if using.
Jump to: Top of Page.