The famous fried fish
Fillet Fish 1 Kg.(2' chunks)
Lemon Juice 3 tbs.
Ginger Paste 2 tbs.
Garlic Paste 2 tbs.
Red Chillies ½ tbs.(fresh) paste
Ajwain 1 tsp
Haldi 1 tsp.
Chilli Pdr. 1 tbs.
Jeera Pdr. 1 tbs
Eggs ½ cup (whisked)
Besan 3 tbs. (gramflour)
Maida 3 tbs.(flour)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Chaat masala to sprinkle on top
- Wash the fish pieces and pat dry.
- Dissolve a little salt in ginger/garlic paste and lemon juice and marinate fish for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from vinegar, press gently between two paper napkins to remove moisture.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, ginger, garlic and chilli pastes alongwith ajwain, haldi, chilli powder, jeera powder, besan, maida, salt.
- Evenly coat fish pieces with this mixture and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in Kadhai, fry fish pieces until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain excess oil, sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot, garnished with lemon wedges.
Jump to: Top of Page.