Spicy Cubed Potatoes served cold or hot
Potatoes 450 gms / 1lb
Salt to taste
Black Salt 1 tsp
Red Chili pdr 1 tsp
Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Coriander pdr 1 tsp
Green Chillies 1 tsp
Coriander chopped 1 tblspn
Ginger chopped 1 tsp
Lemon juice 4 tbsp
Oil to fry
Coriander Chutney 1 tsp (optional)
Tamarind Chutney 1 tsp (optional)
- Boil, peel and cut the potatoes into bite size cubes.
- Deep-fry the cubed potatoes in oil until crisp and golden brown over a moderate heat.
The potatoes can be shallow fried on a tawa with very little oil.
- Add a little coriander powder and broil for a minute before removing the potatoes from the fire.
- Remove and set aside.
- Sprinkle a little salt, black salt, chili powder and cumin powder, chopped coriander
leaves and chopped ginger, chopped green chillies
and squeeze some lemon juice over the top.
- Add a little Green Coriander Chutney and a little Tamarind Chutney and mix well.
It also makes the chaat a little moist.
- Generally served cold but can also be served hot.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander on a bed of lettuce.
- Can be made fiery hot or mild as per the taste.
Jump to: Top of Page.