A Cooling Raw Mango Appetizer
Green Raw Mangoes 6 medium
Water 3¾ cups
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp.
Red Chili Pdr. ½ tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 3 tbsp.
Mint Leaves 3 tbsp chopped
Ice-Cubes 12 (crushed)
- Dry-Roast and grind the cumin seeds.
- Place the mangoes with water to cover in a sauce-pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain off the water and then peel, stone and pulp the mango with a spoon.
- Place the pulp in a deep bowl.
- Add water, sugar, salt, chili and cumin. Whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in the mint and whisk again.
- Transfer it to a jug.
- Serve chilled with crushed ice.
Jump to: Top of Page.